Sunday, August 30, 2009

You never know when someone may contact you and say,"hey!!! I'm your sister?!!!!!"






So one day, not too long ago, I was on Facebook, my fav pastime lately, and I was checking my inbox, when I recieved a message from a unknown friend. It said,....."since we have so much in common....i thought we should ge to know each other..... since we have the same dad and all...." I was very confused. She aasked me what my fathers name was. I replied, not knowing if this was the real deal or some sortof scam, "whats ur daddys name?" She said the full name of my father. At this point I still thought it was some really strange coincidence but didnt understand exactly what she meant. Then she told me the entire story. My dad and her mom had conceived her while I was in highschool. They didn't stay together and my dad has kept this a secret from alot of people, including me! However, I am glad to gain another sister.
Funny similarities between her and I
* She was on her cheer squad/dance team---me too
*Her name is Caitlin-spelled exactly like my other sister I've known my whole life
* She is in Cosmetology school---i just graduated last year
*She is into ballroom dancing---so am I (not many people do ballroom at a young age)

So, anyways, that day we IM-ed each other a while , then we called each other. Then her mom drove her down and I actually met her. They stayed all day and we had a nice time getting to know each other. (she is 18 yrs old just graduated from HS) We have a trip planned to universal studios next month for rock the universe. I hope I can get some free tickets!!! I am gonna try and call a radio station and get some ----with my story, I should get it for sure!!!!!! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay! You blogged! Crazy story! Keep updating now!!

Karen said...

Whoa! Life can be surprising. Congrats on your new sister. See, we're all related.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is crazy!!! Happy to hear that you connected with her, though. :)