Sunday, December 14, 2008

change...change is good.

so... I am finally realizing that I am old. By old I mean that things i thought I'd never grow tired of or ever ruffle my feathers before do. For example, the fair- i used to love it, in fact amy and I swore we would take our grandkids there and ride everything that looked dangerous and they would deem us "cool!" Planning everything- I realized that surprises make me nervous. I like to know what is going to happen so I can prepare. Well, hate to break this to you michelle but life is not like that.
well, for those of you who know me, you know we are moving in January. Yep, joining the old folks, getting a mortgage, yard to mow, neighbors to borrow eggs from, the works. I have absolutley gone mad. I actually had to use my asthma inhaler for the first time in 4 years yesterday! I am stressed, overwhelmed and afraid of what is around the corner. I find that so strange. I was never like this. I used to enjoy change, new friends, new areas to explore. I don't know where to begin in the house and so I haven't even started. (luckily our house is less than 600 sq ft so it won't take long once I do begin. :)
I just feel like staying in bed and doing nothing. That's a sign of depression isn't it? And I am so happy with all the positive things that are happening.....guess I'm just getting old. Relax michelle and just do it.

2 comments:

Prouses said...

Well, if you are a true Lima, then you'll procrastinate until the very end :) Just kidding... It's all just very overwhelming at first. I found that the best way to pack is to have people that aren't attached to your things and give them boxes. Everything will get packed up and you'll never know what hit you. Oh and don't bother being too overly organized, since you're not putting things in storage, you'll probably have to go through all of your boxes anyway. Have fun :)

Carrie said...

You're not alone, Michelle. When we first bought our house, I had lots of those moments. And then you turn on the new news and look at the economy and try not to panic. I said a lot of prayers and have finally turned over those worries to HF ... makes it much easier to sleep at night. You're going to do great in that new house.

That house looks WAY bigger than 600 square feet ... Do you mean 1600???